Thursday, April 8, 2010

Picturing myself


This is me in 2008 when my car broke down on the 5 freeway near Lost Hills, Ca.
It was a Mazda Protege that I had bought from my ex-wife, Lucinda. It had an oil leak from when the engine was replaced in 2006. When I got an oil change in Los Angeles during this trip, the mechanic must not have put the oil plug on tight enough. The engine froze and the car was totalled.
I was in L.A. to see my brother graduate from college. After two weeks, I was on my way back to Salinas to go back to work for Labor Ready doing construction. But since the car died, my brother came and picked me up and I stayed with him and my girl friend Tonya for another month.
Tonya and I liked to watch artsy fartsy movies such as Hideous Kinky and L'Iceberg. We watched The Television Set in the theater, but I don't remember much of it. I just remember dude was about to get a gig on a TV show and was already spending his money by buying a car. Little did he know that he was not to get the part after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment