Thursday, April 15, 2010

Visual Research




I watched this movie, "Crazy Heart", today. It was a poignant tale of a broken-down country singer (Jeff Bridges) who tries to find redemption with the help of a journalist (Maggie Gyllenhaal).
I admired the movie's visual scenes. We start out in a show given at a bowling alley, where Jeff's character proceeds to get sick and throw up during the performance, just at the part where he's supposed to sing a dedication for some local fans.
Another visual scene that I admired was a phone booth oddly placed on a desert road. Didn't the producers of this movie think people would think it strange to have a phone booth out in the middle of nowhere?
I really like Maggie Gyllenhaal in this role. She lights up the screen and delivers a stellar performance. I also liked getting to see her in a bra and panties for the MPAA rated "brief sexuality" part.

No comments:

Post a Comment