Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Scratch


For scratch 2, I put a blue cloud down. Then I typed "beware the ides of march" over it in green. I selected the pixels of the blue layer and inversed. I then erased the outside bits of the words after changing the text layer to raster. With the pixels still selected, I drew some orange cloud outside the blue cloud. Then I did polygon tool and made a boxy thing and filled it with 50% purple. Then I used the polygon lasso again to make an S shape. I used stroke to make a line around the S shape in 10 pixel size. I then copied the S layer and free transformed it up to the right and made another down to the left. Strangely, the stroke size seemed to have changed from one layer to the next, as you can see. When I saved the image as jpg, the background became white.
I think this image has a lot of depth and character to it. The text being clipped off reminds us that our words can have a shortened lifespan if we are not careful to preserve them. The orange cloud works in line as a poison cloud around the ominous ides of march warning. The blue cloud is a last bastion of hope for fresh air. The S's represent finality and assiduousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment